Just returned to the UK after living abroad for several years, and now eager to get my teeth into fixing and making stuff just like I used to enjoy. I'm a keen woodworker and I've dabbled with some electronics (e.g. making my own parallel port interface boards), and I would happily do some engineering if I had a suitable workshop. For the moment, I'll probably just bash together some low-accuracy cnc router or engraver just for some fun.

As an aside, when I was living abroad (Thailand), the local markets sold second hand steppers, leadscrews, x-y tables, bearings, and other control gear all over the place. I can think of some second hand stalls that sold nothing but. I'd imagine it was much cheaper than I'm going to find over here, so I might have to buy some stuff on my next trip out there. I guess the same is true for a visit to China.

If anyone has a project on the go and lives in my local area (Cirencester, Glos.) I'd be interested in hooking up and learning from some of your mistakes.