. .
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Hi Robin,
    That would be awesome, yup, up for it.
    My machine turns on, homes and the spindle test function seems to work ok.
    I've not found much on line but what i have shows a seperately removable front controller and stand alone computer/psu, mine has none of thatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201008_151128.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	28973, suitably blurry picture attached

Disappointment, that is not a PNC-3000, can't use it, sorry to get your hopes up

well thats a bit of a scunner, had my eye out for 1 since reading this post many moons ago.
    Do you know anything about the one i have? all seems abit secret squirrel club. At least it was dirt cheap, might be a base for something slightly up from the tat you can get new from ebay.

If you fancy any of this stuff let me know, i'll never be able to sue it -Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_164210.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	29107
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_164226.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	29108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_164234.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	29109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_165323.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	29110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_165328.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	29111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201106_165333.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	29112

Do you have any info on the Sanyo steppers? must be too old to turn up much on DuckDuck
    Sanyo Denki
    Type 103-594-01D1
    2ohm
    0.9 deg/step

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Disappointment, that is not a PNC-3000, can't use it, sorry to get your hopes up
    I just bought a Ronland PNC-3000. I have searched a lot of documentation about it but to no avail. Currently the Yahoo groups you share are locked. Do you have a user manual and how to install the software to connect to the laptop. ?

Hi,
    From what i can gather details are sketchy and if you have to ask it's probably beyond you (and me!)
    I just missed out on a PNC-3000 on ebay, went for too much in the end but i was going to convert it to Beagleboard or something arduino based due to the above.
    My mis-fire with the purchase of a roland CNC is crawling along with re-wiring due to lack of foresight on my part with ordering bits. It's a weird machine using wires to pull the various axis and then springs to return it(?) not sure it'll be much use beyond an exercise in converting and fiddling about. might try to add a acme thread and nut assembly later on.

Best of luck, perhaps someone better informed can help you out.
    Snowy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Hi,
    From what i can gather details are sketchy and if you have to ask it's probably beyond you (and me!)
    I just missed out on a PNC-3000 on ebay, went for too much in the end but i was going to convert it to Beagleboard or something arduino based due to the above.
    My mis-fire with the purchase of a roland CNC is crawling along with re-wiring due to lack of foresight on my part with ordering bits. It's a weird machine using wires to pull the various axis and then springs to return it(?) not sure it'll be much use beyond an exercise in converting and fiddling about. might try to add a acme thread and nut assembly later on.

Snowy
    hi, do you have a facebook? i think we can discuss more on there. my link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005478427464
    thank you verymuch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Hi,

Snowy

Quote Originally Posted by anhduc341748668 View Post
    I just bought a Ronland PNC-3000. I have searched a lot of documentation about it but to no avail. Currently the Yahoo groups you share are locked. Do you have a user manual and how to install the software to connect to the laptop. ?
    There is a User's Manual, a Command Reference Manual, and a wedge of Technical Reference including full circuit diagrams and PCB layout.

Once I saw a schematic with a Z80 I just had to hack it. Didn't worry about the rest,

PS: The steppers have a glorious, 400 full steps/rev rather than the usual 200. The inverse square law kicks in and they purr.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information