I thought i would see if anyone can offer any advice regarding the machining of sheet Makrolon polycarbonate.
I have been trying to find someone to cut some of this material, i do not own a router that's not my thing. Every company i've approached so far have declined the work saying its too difficult. I don't understand what the problems are, i'm surprised that no one will cut any for me. I know that makrolon is machinable in a router because i've seen it done, but i need more than a hobby machine can produce.I want full sheets cut into smaller pieces. Would there even be a market for "unmachinable" material ??
So if anyone wants to cut some for me please step forward!
Or if anyone can shed any light on machining this material I would greatly appreciate it. The only place i know that is cutting makrolon is in australia, they're buying the material straight from bayer in germany. Because of postage, exchange rates and customs duty etc it's just not worth it.
Maybe the material is affected magnetically, and can only be cut whilst near the "Southern" magnetic pole
Seriously, at this rate, i'm gonna have to do it myself!
Many Thanks