Hi Guys
great forum! just what i need, cnc machines seem to me a minefield
i was hoping that someone here could suggest some cnc machines i can buy in the uk if i tell you what i wish to do.

I make wooden cabinets from laminated chipboard and laminated mdf.
up till now i have got various companies to cut the wood for me into flat pack from 18mm 4 x 8 sheets.
now i have a little factory unit i'm considering getting myself a cnc machine but i don't know that much about them. i'm based in cardiff and have found a cnc company in south wales http://www.routoutcnc.com/z90router.html
from what i can see they do one that cators for 4 x 8 sheets and its seems cheap compared to some routers i have seen like the multicam 3000!.
I emailed them and asked if they were suitable for cutting 18mm mdf wood sheet which they confirmed. I asked if i needed a vacuum bed and they replied telling me its non vacuum bed which they prefered for cutting all the way through 18mm the wood. they suggested I just put a scrap sheet of mdf underneath to cut into. is this normal?
i still don't know how the smaller pieces i need to cut would stay still when i cut right through them without a vacuum bed??. some of the pieces i need to cut are only 40mm x 80mm wide. how would this be held in place without a vacuum? i would REALLY appreciated any advice or suggested cnc machines available in the UK. dust control is my only other concern, i asked routourcnc people and they told me they normaly attached a henry vacuum to it, no need for any large extraction systems.

has any one used a z90 routout cnc machine? i need to cut about 150 sheets of 4 x8 a year if that gives you an idea of how much use it will get.

thanks again for the help