Hello everyone,

I used to live in Gosport "down south" and now I've been living in Switzerland for the last 23 years, a very nice place it is too!!

I've always been interested in CNC and now it's come down do a affordable level, ie. DIY, I thought I'd jump in and build one myself. I have a mechanical background, love computers Apple ones mind you! so sticking them together to make a CNC just needs researching and careful planning. I'd like it to end up as a paying hobby

Finding MYCNCUK to be the most abundant in info after searching through for the last couple of months. I'm going to base my machine on a very sturdy looking number from a German engineer: http://mixware.de/
I'm designing it in Autocad and I thought I'd document the build as I go along.

If I could ask a burning question straight away, Maybe it sounds a bit big but I'd like to build it to the dimensions of Y=1500mm X=1000mm Z=350mm with Ball Screws and Linear bearings, Would 2005 C7 Ball Screws on all axis with (fixed support bearings on both ends) be a bit overkill or should I use a 2005 on the Y axis and 1605 on the others?

Regards to all
Ian