. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by martinstokes View Post
    Hello! I know it's a long time ago, but I wondered if you could give me any clues about software etc. I recently bought a tep engraver with serial port - it all works fine but I haven't a clue about where to find the software. Any advice gratefully received. Martin.
    I have the software.

I can also tell you it is not worth the effort of getting it going. I replaced it all with RAMPS years ago.

http://rollingpast.com/john/techcad/

Please let me know when you have it so I can delete it from the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I have the software.

I can also tell you it is not worth the effort of getting it going. I replaced it all with RAMPS years ago.

http://rollingpast.com/john/techcad/

Please let me know when you have it so I can delete it from the server.
    That was quick thank you so much ! I have downloaded the two zips so you can remove them. I hesitate to ask more questions after you have been so helpful and please excuse my total ignorance but I guess if it's zip I need to run on something like xp (I have xp and later windows, but use mainly linux) ? and what is RAMPS and how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Martin.

That was quick thank you so much ! I have downloaded the two zips so you can remove them. I hesitate to ask more questions after you have been so helpful and please excuse my total ignorance but I guess if it's zip I need to run on something like xp (I have xp and later windows, but use mainly linux) ? and what is RAMPS and how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Martin.
    Presumably you use Nautilus as a file manager if you are a Linux user. That will unzip the files, that is what made the files. I do not use any Windose products other than mice, that is the only thing they do correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Presumably you use Nautilus as a file manager if you are a Linux user. That will unzip the files, that is what made the files. I do not use any Windose products other than mice, that is the only thing they do correctly.
    Thanks. Can I run this TEP engraving machine with linuxcnc - it only has serial port on the cnc interface?

Thanks. Can I run this TEP engraving machine with linuxcnc - it only has serial port on the cnc interface?
    You can but not the software that I posted. That runs under Micro$haft only. I can't remember but it may be a DOS programme.

I disassembled the PIC and got LinuxCNC to sort of work but never really took it anywhere because an ON/OFF Z axis is not that useful so I just went all RAMPS with a proper Z axis.

I still have it but have not used it for years because it is just easier to order PCBs form China than it is to do them yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information