Greetings all!

Two years ago I almost got my stuff together and built a CNC, sadly, "her indoors" got wind of it decided I'd be having far too much fun and shot that one down. But! The good news is after serious amounts of sucking up ans no small amount of sacrifices to the gods I'm back in the game although 2 years out of date with everything I knew, which is a lot less than what I remember!

The very good news is that the CNC gods have smiled twice on me and October will find me in Shanghai with a driver and a professional, native haggler / interpreter! <very large grin>

A 2.2kw water cooled spindle seems to be a wise investment from what I've read while trolling through 24 months of unread threads, but I may have to leave that for another trip as the budget is still being "negotiated"!

The previous plan I had, used gecko G540, the bed size was to be X30 Y20 Z6 inch or there abouts, what ever the nearest sizes to those numbers are...

To work with wood, brass, plastics and engraving pcb / alloy for sure, cutting alloy would be nice but not essential.

So my question (Finally!) is as I have less than a month before I go, is there anything I should look at researching first?

Hmm, Linear motors rather than ball screw might actually be the first thing I check out...

Any thoughts most greatfully welcomed.