. .

Thread: CNC Training?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why do so many people seem to think they need training to use a CNC machine, software or hardware?
    In the case of the software just press the buttons and see what happens and apply common sense for the rest...that's how I treat any new program. If that doesn't get far I might look at a tutorial. First time you try using the machine run the program without the cutter in, then you can see that it goes roughly where you expect / doesn't hit the limits etc, and you can check what happens when you tweak things / press buttons etc in the controller whilst it's running to see what effect it has with no risk of breaking anything.
    If someone asks for training then yes, I'm happy to help but I really don't see the point. I saw the same thing at my work placement last summer-they'd send people to do training for using Pro-Engineer...but why, you just press the buttons and see what happens and for a program that widespread there's plenty of information out there. The only gain I suppose is speed. It's all logical, not designed to be hard.
    If you have a background in IT then you shouldn't be lost, is there anything in particular you're not sure about so we can help?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 28-12-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Thread Information