Hello everybody,
at long last I have got around to joining this illustrious band of engineers, comics, philosophers, students, newbies and occasional p**s-takers, Hob-Nob devourers, and put-down artists......all in all my kind of people. I am attempting after God knows how long to put together a fairly basic cnc machine, with a cutting footprint of 600mm square.This has been partly decided because I have a fantastic scrap yard just down the road, and they are always having s/hand balls screws, supported rails, ground ali plate all sold at scrap prices......and recently an absolute gem, quantity 9 Parker precision gearboxes...removed from several servo systems.Oh and Zapp is a stones throw away.
I have had a design roughed out on a sheet of lining wallpaper for over a year now....:rofl:...and to my surprise it is similar in quite a few ways to Jazz's design, except I left more provision for shimming in various places, and the contruction is using bolted ground steel plates on top of the vertical supports.Anyway .. more later.
On a serious note, I have never come across a more dedicated and helpfull bunch of blokes.

till later .....Brendan......