Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
No Joe that's definitely not the buffer...Lol

It looks very much like a noise issue.? But knowing your setup and the fact spindle isn't running I'd be surprised if it was.! . . . . Have you grounded the chassis.?

I'd be going over all the wire connections in the control box first looking for loose connections or stray wires. Also If you have any plug connections like DIN sockets on motor cables I'd check them out as well, in fact, chop them off and throw them in the bin as they are a pain in the arse.!!
The motors are soldered to the cy cable and are wired directly to the drives - no connectors! And the cy shields are grounded at a star ground in the cabinet.

But... The frame is not grounded independently come to think of it, should I take a connection from the steel back to star ground? Is that what you mean by chassis?

I will go hunting for loose connections but pretty sure they are all good as I checked last time I had issues...

The last time (previous post) when I stopped the machine after noticing a problem, it carried on doing these movements after both feedhold and stop, it was only the estop cutting power to the motor that stopped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk