. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Glad it helped - I was pretty scared of this part of the build!! Clive and Dean were super helpful as usual. I think I used 2.5mm tri-rated, I'll try and remember to check for you when I get home.
    It was Clive that put me on to you and convinced me I could build the supply. It looks really simple but at the same time I can totally understand the fear lol I was petrified but now I think it'll be relatviely easy just trying to work out if I can cram this into an ATX power supply casing if I move the fan externally and add a 2nd fan either so it blows in one side and sucks out the other.

I want to try and fit the stepper drivers and self build PSU in a PC mini tower case with a whole pc as well.

I have a mini 80plus PC power supply I can fit somewhere in the case (It's about 1/3 size of ATX) and I think I can put the AM882 where the drive bays are. I could ditch the Hard disk and run from a fast USB flash drive or SD card it will be quick enough for linuxcnc. Or I could mount the hard disk somewhere else. I think as long as the PSU's extract their heat to the air and I add a bathroom extractor fan as well for the pc and stepper driver waste heat I'll be ok. Maybe add an active intake as well sucking air a distance away from the extraction point.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 06-09-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Thread Information