Hi, my name is Adam and im an engineer who lives in the UK. I am fairly inexperienced in CNC building but have years of professional engineering experience. I have just started to build my own CNC laser and what I have noticed is how expensive setting up linear motion is. In the US they have a system called maker slide which is basically a custom aluminium extrusion which has V rails built in. With this extrusion and a few v groove wheels you can get a meter of quality linear motion for less than $20. http://www.makerslide.com/

What im thinking is we should make this technology accesible over here. I have already got a fair bit of interest in this but I would like to see who on this forum would also be interested. I have not got any parts made up yet but I have started the process of getting tooling set up. Its not 100% confirmed yet but I expect to be able to offer the slide at around £13 / meter. The wheels would currently be available in delrin only at approximately £4 - £5 each. They could also be offered in aluminium at a slight premium.

please let me know your thoughts.