Good day all.
I am looking for some help and advice regards to my Mach3 system crashing.

I am using Mach3 R3.043.062, with the 2010 screenset, and ethernet smoothstepper with the ESS_v10fb2 plug-in, and running windows 7 64bit.

The problem that I am having is that at random times Mach3 will just crash and come up with "Error found , Art Code: 9988, Attempt Rec...".

The thing that I have found that seems to set off the crash is using the 2010 screenset X/Y probing shortcut button, but even that is hit and miss to when it feels like crashing.

I have found that if I use the MDI interface and then press the probing shortcut button that this will crash mach3 most of the time.

Also when mach3 crashes, and I restart the program, the ethernet smoothstepper will no longer respond and I have to cycle the power to the ethernet smoothstepper.

Here are my mach3 system hardware details.
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 - Processor.
ASUS Commando - Motherboard.
4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) - Memory.
nVidia 210 - Video Card.
Crucial M4 64GB Solid State Drive.
Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I 1st contacted ger21 on the forum as I thought it might be a problem with his 2010 screenset.

Ger21 replied saying that none of his other users have reported this problem, and it sounds like it my be a plug-in problem so to contact Greg at Warp9 Tech Design.

Greg said he is unsure what the problem might be, and he has no idea regarding the Art Code: 9988 error.

I have also tried running Mach3 in Windows XP mode, and I still get the same problem.

I have uploaded a video to my SkyDrive for you, so you can see what I am doing when the crash / error happens: http://sdrv.ms/K8dQLe

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.