Hi, I've been following this forum on and off for over 2 years, and am very impressed at how much help everyone offers. 2 years ago a stumbled onto a forum on Insructables website about someone building a cnc machine. It was built out of mdf and looked amazing. Well obviously that website is all about instructions on how to make one for yourself. So In started reading into it and studying where to source parts from, then found this site. Originally I was going to make an mdf router with home made bearings, m12 threaded rod with delrin nuts, and printer motors. What a joke. As I read into the subject of diy cnc building I come across better and better ways of building and spending more dosh.

Without doing any drawings or planning I stupidly ordered all the round supported rails with bearings, ball screws and nuts with supports, motors, breakout board, psu, drivers, according to the size of machine I wanted to build. I hear you saying 'what a twat', but all this was 2 years ago when drawing models first wasn't the norm. I was going to buy everything then build as I go along.

After having all the parts just sitting there for a couple of years, I decided this is the year I start my build. Don't worry there won't be any mdf, its now going to be a aluminium build. I have drawn a detailed model of what I want, but will start a build log for help on design issues. While drawing this model my wife glimpsed over to see what I'm doing every evening and said " I thought you scrapped your plans to build". Well not after spending 800 quid plus on parts.

I am not really an engineer, nor have I ever used a cnc machine before. I have an elec eng degree, done a masters in IT systems, but decided to go into the family business of furniture retail. Yep I have a shop and am self employed and still don't know why I want one of these machines.

I am a very hands on person, that will have a go at make anything, fixing everything, and helping everyone. I'm talking construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanics, computing, the lot. I've added a few pictures of my recent work where I could of done with a cnc machine. Theres a clock I made for my daughter, and the other is a play kitchen I made for her (better than the toys r us shit).

Thanks Adil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0036.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	6236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0037.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	6237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0038.jpg 
Views:	394