. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    OK it's really going to annoy you how easy this is! Select a face you want to push/pull, then use the push/pull tool to extrude or cut in the direction you want to go then type the dim you require and hit the enter key. That's it!
    Yep, that's what I've been doing, but maybe I'm just being lazy or too demanding of a free product. Suppose I should better describe what I'm after, as some different form of the dim that is typed that interprets what is typed as the resulting dim (automatically taking into account the dim that was previously created possibly by another push/pull operation) rather than the dim for this push/pull operation alone. I am trying to avoid having to do calculations myself, lazy sod that I am. Hope this makes sense. I have at times first tried push/pulling down to virtually nothing (just before the whole face disappears into nothingness) which makes the calculation simpler and then push/pulling to the required length.

I like your "Benjamin Chair" very muchly by the way... guessing you CNC'ed the ply cross sections before clamping, gluing, and bolting through?

joe harris
    thanks very much for the "View>component edit>hide rest of model to fully isolate the element so you can work on a part that would otherwise be hidden - can be a life saver some times! (hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs but someone is bound to find that tip useful.)"
    It makes life so much easier

Thread Information