Hello all,

Projects:

I'm working on a CNC turn mill, a bit quirky in design, mainly for soft materials (foam, wood) with a 12" x 24" capacity. I'm collecting the parts and pieces to make an R/C outrunner motor powered spindle for that one.

I also own a purchased CNC flat bed router of the same capacity.

I've built a CNC 4 axis hot wire foam cutter from scratch. I've also built 2 HobbyCNC controller boards, and I use Jedicut and TurboCNC primarily for software. I've also been working on an Excel G-code generator of my own.

For manual machining, I own a used Enco Chinese Mill Drill (which I'd like to convert to CNC some day). A Craftsman / Atlas 12x36 lathe, an Atlas horizontal mill, and an Atlas shaper.

I have built my own metal lathe from scratch in 2003 -- a gingery 12" x 8" (4" center ht) -- I made patterns, and cast all the parts myself, and scraped it into bearing. That was the first metal project I ever attempted. I built several chucks for it, a rotary milling attachment, and a horizontal milling attachment, and many fixtures. I used that lathe to build a few engines.

Anyway, this looks like a great informative forum, and I look forward to being an active member.