Hi guys,

I have a 2.2KW spindle and inverter from CNC 4 U. I've read the manual but the English is not very clear. Can anyone help about the details for how to connect it together?

Here is the back of the VFD

I think from reading the manual that RST (pins 1,2,3) can accept 3-phase mains, but for 2-phase I just connect to any 2 pins, say R and S. Does that sound right? Mains earth will obviously go to pin 9.

It mentions in the manual about a breaking resistor but it says "P.Pr - Connector for breaking resistor and in another part shows pins P and N with the breaking resistor across them. So what do you think, does the resistor on my inverter go across P+ and PR (pins 4,5). What sort of resistor do I need? Maybe 10R and 25W?

The spindle motor connects to UVW (pins 6,7,8) but my motor is unmarked. It has 4 pins, which I have numbed in my picture. Pins 1,2,3 connect to each other through 1.6R (I assume the coils of the motor) and pin 4 doesn't seem to connect to anything. The outer part of the plug connects to the body of the motor so I assume this is where the ground goes. If I connect UVW to pins 1,2&3 on the motor does it matter which order I connect them - i.e. pin 1 is U or pin 1 is W?

Thanks chaps!