. .

Thread: Tiddy CNC.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Folks. I've been wondering about some more design concepts and I thought I'd ask for some advice. I should start out by saying that my goal is to orient the machine at a relatively steep angle but as I've played around with frame concepts I have no idea how to approach that yet. I've found that one step at a time suits this pursuit in my mind…So I'm hoping for some vertical but may go for regular horizontal. The basic parameters are a 1500mm X, 1100mm Y and currently a Z with a conservative 150mm, plenty scope for changing the Z once I can make some parts.

So. I have considered three basic options and presented them from a front view and my basic question is how to place the rails and screw so that the Y Axis gantry is best supported with minimal adverse forces being introduced?

Option A is the most conventional I think? Option B has the virtue that the screws are under the machine, need to take more care over a frame that allows this. Option C seems to put a lot of force on one side of the linear bearing block. Any suggestions, comments welcome. Sorry it’s not in CAD but I'll flesh out the winner into a more detailed model later. Thanks. Tony.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option A.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	8258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option B.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	8259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option C.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	86.1 KB