. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What exactly are you trying to acheive?

You could connect the DC into the AC outputs, but you're going to get a voltdrop due to the rectifier diodes, so you could bypass them, if that's what the + and - are. You could also connect it through the solar panel connections.
    However will that controller be able to handle the power from a high current source?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    What exactly are you trying to acheive?

You could connect the DC into the AC outputs, but you're going to get a voltdrop due to the rectifier diodes, so you could bypass them, if that's what the + and - are. You could also connect it through the solar panel connections.
    However will that controller be able to handle the power from a high current source?
    I want to add a large solar panel so I don't want to use those inputs if I can help it
    I assumed the controller would draw its maximum 600watts wind from the van and 200watts solar, I just need to knock off all the functions that are meant to protect your wind gen from over speed or it will start dumping energy through the dump load or isolate itself from the load altogether

I have taken I bit of a punt attempting to using this method but it should mean the two charge voltages wont compete with each other (one knocking the outer into thinking the batteries are full) as they would if I used two separate charge controllers... the more I squeeze out of the solar the less diesel ill use while driving is the theory

Thread Information