Greetings Everyone,
I've been toying with the idea of building my own cnc router for some time now, so here I am taking the plunge. Overall size will be roughly 700mm x 536mm.

I'm on a shoestring budget so I'm going with an MDF design using DIY Linear pipe rails and bearing slides using skate bearings. I know you've all seen this a thousand times already, but maybe you could give me some advice along the way.

The two biggest problems I've had with my build (besides money) are indecisiveness and lack of tools. I have a router, hand drill, and circular saw as my power tools. A basic square, measuring tape and hand saw too.

At first I had a plan, but the more build threads I read, the more I changed things in my own build. Sort of learning from other's mistakes if you will?

Below is the 2D sketchup export of the first part of my build - The torsion box. I know I haven't done the left hand side rails yet. I was just looking at one side to see how it will look.

This will be build using 12mm or 18mm MDF (12mm at the moment as I don't think I'll have enough 18mm for the whole thing - I have yet to see). The steel tube is 26.9mm x 3mm wall cold formed tube from 26 9 x 3mm CF Tube

I'll be adding a single 18mm length of MDF to the side of the torsion box to mount the pipe rails to.

I know I've left the electronics out, but for me its one thing at a time for now. I do have a rough idea of the electronics I will use, namely 439oz-in motors (Nema 23 3.1nm), and PM542 or PM752 drivers from Zapp Automation.