. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Hi,

I have done numerous Google searches where some of the results brought me to these pages. I am impressed with the overall context of the members here. I am a member of another CNC forum and have been disappointed with the egos that clash with everyone being RIGHT (irrespective of the accuracy of their position). I haven't seen that here.

I am in Langley in the state of Washington. It is on Whidbey Island near Seattle. I am fixing up my shop (the building) and am about to put my machines in their assigned places. The shop area is 35' x 29' with an additional office area that's 9' x 21'. I have been insulating the ceiling, adding a heater and various other upgrades. I need to paint the floor and then I will place the machines.

I have a Bridgeport clone manual mill, a Bridgeport Series II N/C, a Bridgeport BOSS3 Series I CNC, a 13 x 38 asian lathe, a Logan 200 lathe, and a Chevalier 6 x 12 surface grinder. Of course there are the typical drill presses and sanders, as well as a bunch of other tooling.

I am a mechanical engineering consultant and usually build what I design. I have done product design and development, plastic injection mold design and manufacture, automated machinery for light manufacturing and a lot of other things I don't remember right now.

I plan to build a CNC pick & place machine for low volume electronics manufacturing. I have an X3 I will convert to CNC. I also plan to build a CNC Router... oh yeah... I will be building an airplane also.
    Last edited by HawkJET; 27-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Thread Information