Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
Round this way there are a lot of coffee type shops that will let artists hang stuff on the walls. One of my sons use to put stuff up in one of them a few years ago, sold a few pictures but gave up doing it because it also led to people asking him to paint specific types of picture for them rather than what he wanted to do. The customers were always over the moon with what he did but he was never happy with them & just gave up doing it. I suppose that's artists for you lol
Hi Martin, yes I know artist are fickle beasts, he obviously loved what he did and not what he might get for it. I have applied to a couple of craft guilds locally if nothing else a panel may like my stuff and want to have a few piece in a n exhibition. This is the north mate coffee shops are rare but I do live near Lytham St Anne’s so there is a lot of collectors in the area. But the majority of shops selling art buy in mass produced stuff and it’s not what I want to display next to lol.
Here’s another piece I did this weekend in Tulip wood, I saw the raw would with this strong vein of black – purple and thought it would add a bit of difference to the finished object.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sittingmanfreckart.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	8543