. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi All.
    Probably one of the most frequent questions but just wondered wheres the best place to get ballscrews? I'm after 1605 with with end machining for small mill.

I have seen on here that Linearmotionbearins2008 on ebay is good and I have just got a really good quote, these are the ones

3 anti backlash ballscrew RM1605-400/600/800mm-C7 | eBay

Thanks in advance.

2. To date I have always got my ballscrews from Chai (Linearmotionbearins2008).

I have ordered quite a few things from Chai, most slip past customs without a problem.
    but each time I ordered ballscrews over 600mm long, I got hit with tax and handling fees.
    Last edited by Mad Professor; 15-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Chai now uses Fedex and I have been hit everytime recently, however he never discloses the correct price [ whistle ]
    John S -

Cheers, Chai quoted £70 inc shipping for 2 ball screws (350mm and 650mm) with end machining, even with vat it would be cheap. how much is the handling fee from Fed ex?

I presume the quality is good?

Fee is usually vat on the goods at our 20% plus Fedex rapeing fee of £10.

Quality is fine, never had a bad one but in all fairness i only buy blank screws as i do my own end machining because I don't use the commercial blocks.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Fee is usually vat on the goods at our 20% plus Fedex rapeing fee of £10.

Quality is fine, never had a bad one but in all fairness i only buy blank screws as i do my own end machining because I don't use the commercial blocks.
    About the same as the bits I got from USA a while back then, VAT is sort of fair but getting charged £10-£20 for picking it from customs is a joke. The really sad point is that it is still cheaper than buying from here though.

Wish I could do the machining, had a go a while back but not to successful. dont think my lathe and turning skills are up to it.

Cheers Mikey, always good to here positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Cheers, Chai quoted £70 inc shipping for 2 ball screws (350mm and 650mm) with end machining, even with vat it would be cheap. how much is the handling fee from Fed ex?

I presume the quality is good?
    I bought from Chai as well on the recommendation of John S and others and they turned ok within 10 days - got the entire kit 20mm support linear rails, slides, BK/BF blocks and ballscrews (1100, 800 and 300) for an incredible price. Paid about £ 17 to DHL but hey still cheap at the price. Chai was very responsive when I changed the order to get 20mm slides instead of 16mm

Godd experience, would buy again.

Mike

Thread Information