Hi everyone

So I'm a cnc newbie and I'd like some advice for a project I have in mind, any help would be really appreciated

I would like to engrave patterns and words / logos onto bicycle components. I am a vintage bike restorer and there was a fashion for this in the 70s -80s, though at that time it was done using a pantograph machine

Firstly I would like to know if you think this is possible to do with a cnc machine ? Some surfaces will be flat but others may have a slight curve e.g. Down the length of a seat post or along the stem (see attached picture) is it possible to engrave on a curve surface using a spring loaded tool or something similar?

Secondly I would like to know what kind of machine I should be looking at. It only needs to be small for such parts. Roughly 300 x 300 mm. I have had a look at some cheap Chinese ones on ebay but am aware they have mixed reviews. I'm no electronics expert so am not that confident in building one myself! ( though not totally averse to it ) the most important thing is it is accurate .

Budget wise I would like to keep it as low as possible, is around £600 realistic ?

Thanks in advance

Peter Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368086151.850076.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	8892