Hello,

Firstly, I must confess to being an electronics dunce. Hmm, probably not just electronics, but I'll stay on topic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010256.JPG 
Views:	6426 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	9576

I'm currently working on my driver box and it seems to be going okay (thanks in no small part to Clive.S - a top bloke who has helped me out massively) but as Clive is using a different BOB to me, I thought I'd throw my plans out here to see if I was heading down the right path...

I'm using 3 Wantai drivers (DQ860MA) at 70v along with the free BOB that comes with 'em, which I'm powering from the integrated 5v auxiliary on my power supply.

The first question - if you look at the picture of the BOB - how come there are 2 sets of inputs for the power - my board has them marked as +5V/GND/GND/VDD - or is the idea that you power the board with one set and are then able to take power from the other set?

I know that P1&P2 are intended for XPUL and XDIR respectively. P3&P4 are intended for YPUL and YDIR respectively and (yep) P5&P6 are for ZPUL and ZDIR. I've also been told not to worry about the ENBL+/- pins for my application.

So, with that in mind, will this wiring work:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAN_BOB.jpg 
Views:	37255 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	9575

Or, should I use P1&P2, P3&P4, P5&P6 to go to the PUL-/DIR- pins of the drivers and then take multiple wires from the VDD terminal to all of the PUL+/DIR+ pins?

Now, to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, I found this post:

LinuxCNC Support Forum :: Topic: LinuxCNC, DQ542MA driver and DB25-1205 BOB (1/1)

Which looks identical to the set-up I've illustrated in the image above, although it looks like he's re-purposed pin 16 (in Linux CNC) as 'Amplifier Enable' and will use run multiple wires from this pin to all of the ENBL+ pins - what would the purpose of that be, exactly?

What are your thoughts guys?

Cheers - and apologies for the rudimentary nature of my questions!

Wal.