Hi, recently I have begun a new project converting a 15 year old 3d printer to a CNC router/mill. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	747 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	9974 It is a decent piece of kit basically bought it with the plans of retrofitting it with reprap opensource 3D printer hear and software as the plastic for is is had to get and expensive also the software/computer is as old as the hills.

Well anyway I decided to convert it to a cnc router because I already built a reprap 3D printer and when I saw the strought cast frame it had when i began stripping itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0881.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	9973, Iliked this option better as I loved using the Roland RotoCAMM MDX-40 while in college machining machining modelling foam (As I am a product designer) well anyway I need help/ advice on wiring the stepper motors that are in the machine to the new controllers I bought.

The three steppers are Vexta stepper: X= PK 296-02AA (2 Phase 1.8° step, DC, 3A) Y: PK268-03A (2 Phase 1.8° step, DC, 3A) Z: PK268-03A (2 Phase 1.8° step, DC, 3A)

The X azis has four wires (Red, Blue, Black, Green), Y axis (Black, Yellow + Green, Black, Black), Z (Red/Pink, White, Blue, Black/Grey, Yellow, Green) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0863.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	425.6 KB 
ID:	9972. I have Bought M542 stepper controllers and wondering how to connect the steppers the the controller (connection sequence or how to identify the wires) also setting the little settings on the side of the controllers haven't a clue about these if I could get some help.