I'm an industrial designer looking to purchase my first CNC machine and would appreciate any advice on what's best suited to my requirements. The type of work I'll be looking for from this machine is for watch parts, namely dial engraving (aluminium / brass), watch bridge fabrication (brass) and ideally engraving stainless steel casebacks. Ideally it'd be capable of making aluminium watch cases, but that's not an essential requirement. I'm not against a DIY build, but as I know relatively little about CNC machines, I'd be more comfortable with an off-the-shelf solution / CNC machine 'kit'. To create watch bridges, I'll need to be acheiving +/-0.01mm accuracy in the X/Y axis - machining speed is relatively unimportant at the moment. My budget is a rather small £1-2k for the machine alone (I'd really like to keep it under £1500 if possible).

The options I'd considered so far are a converted Taig / Peatol mill with CNC conversion (and 4th axis), I've heard that an EMCO F1 would be more than capable if it can be found, and I'd also considered one of the CNC frame kits combined with C7 ballscrews / air-cooled spindle (Chinese with replacement VFD). I'm leaning towards the converted mill as I don't need a large working area, and these look like fairly 'solid' machines, but I'm also aware of just how little I know on the subject! If anybody with more experience has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!