. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lol, thanks for all the replies lads. TBH I knew I was going to get slated for talking about building from wood, I've got broad shoulders though so I can take it.

I've been using a machine built from 6mm MDF, drainpipe, gas pipe and cheap all-thread studding for 4 years. I don't think you can get much more 'budget' than that. But to be fair it's done what i've asked of it. Some pics attached of the type of things i've been cutting.

My reason for the plywood build was to spend money on decent hardware, supported linear rails, ballscrews, bearing blocks etc and also good electronics; this is the driver board, relay board and psu i'm using at the moment : www.easy-cnc.com * Your best option in driver boards for CNC machines

I was hoping that I could then use the ply machine and work on a better design in the future using the hardware and electronics i'd invested in.
    I agree that £400 is pricey for some bits of plywood, but thought it was reasonable considering the R&D work that had been put into the design.

Kingcreaky, i'll PM you shortly.

Si.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.8mm GRP motor mount.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	448.6 KB 
ID:	10244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3mm Depron.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	10245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3mm plywood.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	10246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shield Bottom.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	409.9 KB 
ID:	10247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2mm G10.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	10248  

Thread Information