. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    :) Hi all
    My name is Roy and I am an electronics design engineer based in the Midlands. My hobbies are electronics and model engineering.
    I have a milling machine and lath which I bought many years ago but I only got into CNC this last six months. I always thought it would cost a fortune and be a complex operation to convert a machine to CNC operation. Not anymore, low cost powerfull stepper motors and electronics linked to a modern PC works wonders for a modest outlay. Since then I have converted the milling machine, an Alpine Minor to CNC operation. To save more money I have also designed my own control boards. I am please to see a British CNC forum site and wish it and it's users all the best for the future.

Bring back roy !
    .Me

3. Quote Originally Posted by captainresonator View Post
    :) Hi all
    My name is Roy and I am an electronics design engineer based in the Midlands. My hobbies are electronics and model engineering.
    I have a milling machine and lath which I bought many years ago but I only got into CNC this last six months. I always thought it would cost a fortune and be a complex operation to convert a machine to CNC operation. Not anymore, low cost powerfull stepper motors and electronics linked to a modern PC works wonders for a modest outlay. Since then I have converted the milling machine, an Alpine Minor to CNC operation. To save more money I have also designed my own control boards. I am please to see a British CNC forum site and wish it and it's users all the best for the future.
    Hi Roy, I'm an electronics design engineer originally although its more a home exercise now as my career went off into consultancy. Whats an Alpine Minor? Is it anything like the Warco Minor?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I think you'd struggle to tell them apart Irving :)
    So much like mine then.... I'm still tempted to go that route....

Some times i do depends what they'v got in, that pic however was in "homebargins".

Great deals on some times.
    .Me

Thread Information