In my other thread about the cnc control panel I added a relay contact for the charge pump into my emergency stop circuit. To cut a long story short I had a chicken and egg situation whereby the emergency stop relay would not reset because Mach3 was not running, but Mach3 would not run because the emergency stop was not reset.
Anyway I found a solution by adding some extra contact blocks onto my physical reset button, these temporarily short out the charge pump relay in the E/stop circuit thus allowing the emergency stop relay to energise, another contact is the E/Stop input to Mach3 and another contact is an input to Mach3 via the BOB that is linked to OEM trigger 1021 (Reset).
Now I thought that would have done it but there's a timing issue and the only solution that works is to have the input for OEM 1021 cycle from ON to OFF before the physical reset push button is released.
My initial idea was a one-shot circuit from a 555 timer or maybe a cheap off delay plug in timer but first I'd like to know if this can be achieved in software using VBscript etc. within Mach3. Obviously I've looked at creating macros etc. with the doOEMButton function but I can't see how to make an input from a physical push button act like a one-shot so any ideas ?