I'm looking towards a bit of a long term project to knock up my own CNC machine as I'm fascinated by the things and it would be lovely to do away with the chemical based PCB creations I'm currently knocking up.

Initially I would like a bit of guidance on what to research as I'm not entirely sure what general design is best for learning the build / CNC basis and which lends itself to working with PCB's as the accuracy / ability to work small would be pretty important.

I've already got a couple of parts which I got cheap, namely a double internal ball, ballnut running on a 25mm diameter, 10mm pitch, ballscrew and a couple 16mm supported rails/bearings. I'm not sure on the full specs as such but for the £50 I paid it seems a very hardy bit of kit so potentially I have 2 axis's already part way there.

I'm leaning towards a moving gantry design mainly due to space as this is unfortunately a bedroom build for now but I'm very new and the more I read, the more I'm not sure what design would best suit my needs.

Do we have anyone using there setup for PCB work? Advise on designs or just good reading to give me a place to start?