. .
    Hi, I'm David from Merseyside. I have been into pen plotters for years, architectural plans background. I wanted to make an artist machine, drawing with brushes etc. I started with an A3 Roland flat bed, then an Ioline vinyl cutter... then I discovered DIY CNC!
    Steep learning curve but I got my kit from RoutoutCNC, aluminium framing and motors etc from ebay and managed to build... (was going to call it a name :D) not christened it yet, a 4 foot square flatbed plotter. I will sort out photos and a youtube video link later. It's all up and running using Mach3 software.
    Got enough stuff to make it 8' x 4' one day.
    Cheers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tr6z6BxXHQ"]YouTube - Art Plotter 2[/ame]
    Last edited by fozziebear40; 24-04-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Youtube Link

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Hi fozzie, nice machine. Its always nice to see creative ideas and the things people are getting upto with cnc, i look forword to seeing some more of your work created using the cnc machine.

Do you have a website of your own, showing examples ?
    .Me

Hi Lee, thanks for the compliment. I was always after a large flat bed plotter (which you can't buy) :D
    I first thought of stripping down a vinyl cutter / plotter, I then discovered CNC DIY and researched it.
    A lot of trial and error, mike from routoutcnc was a great help. Sourcing pulleys and belts was hard. The frame and sliders, although expensive work a treat. I even have a spare piece of slider rail so to up the size to 8' x 4' won't be a problem.
    Yes I will have a website eventually, got the domain. I will post some more pictures of the final plotter and another video soon.
    Cheers

Thread Information