. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amxen View Post
    Thanks for that information Jazz . When i do upgrade the electronics what BoB would you go for ?
    Well at the cheap end then I'd look at Roy's boards at DIYCNC they are ok for the money and I've used many of the opto boards. At the other end then and by far the best BOB on market for the money is the PMDX126 but this can only be bought direct from PMDX. It cost's much more but there's a reason, It's quality.

If you want good quality ALL-in ONE board with Digital drives and spindle speed and BOB all built in then you want the Lead shine MX3660 from Zapp http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/elec...ng-driver.html

Though it's an all in one board the drives can be replaced individual if one is damaged.
    The drives allow upto 6A motors run at 60Vdc thou in real use you'd run around 50-55Vdc for a safety margin. The drives are Digital so very good at handling resonance and give very smooth movement compared to cheap analog drives with advanced features to help with handling pulse smoothing etc. They have standard current reduction at stand still etc to control motor heating but in general they run the motors much cooler because of the way the handle current.

No BOB required it's built in. Also Comes with 10V Analog spindle speed controller built in so can control spindle from control software or G-code.

This Digital Combo board knocks the socks off Gecko G-540 IMO and yes I have used G540 infact I have one in front of me now, because it can be used with much wider range of motors due to being 6A and the extra volts allow more speed !! If needed.!! . . . but the only draw back is it's only 3 axis not 4 like the gecko.

This is a good Combo board that will take with you to another larger build if required and there's virtually nothing to setting it up, close to plug n play as it gets.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 10-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information