. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Guys I’m in need of a bit of help & advice here I have been building an OX machine I got from Robocutters 4 axis 1200mm x 1200mm mounting a Makita Router – I intend to use the CNC to cut wood & cardboard, I’ve bought a special Donek Tools dragknife tool, from the states but I’m also interested in doing carving.

After a bit of a long protracted build with the ‘kit’ I got the mechanics tested had a smoking board ! that has burnt out the A axis diodes & capacitors. After some trawling of forums I’ve decided the controller was cheap rubbish and have endevoured to invest in some better controllers, drivers & if necessary motors. I have a number of Q’s

Mechanics – is the machine robust enough for what I want to use it for ? I planning to build a vacuum bed http://donektools.com/cnc-basics-tutorials/ Which I assume will provide a pretty stable work surface when clamped to the OX rails. but any advice on clamping the CNC and work pieces down would be most welcome as I have little experience of this

Electronics & motors – any advice or even just a nudge in the right direction to controller, drivers & motors – From trawling forums again £6-700 pounds would appear to be realistically what one has to spend

Computer hardware – I managed to get the burnt out controller running on A virtual 32bit version of Windows 7 on a macbookpro using a UC100 usb adapter – this is ideal – I’m prepared to invest in this as well ideally a laptop & USB any advice here ? I’m running a licenced v of Mach 3 – I’ve had varying advice on using LPT ports/ usb adapters

Anyone live in & around north oxfordshire I could really do with a buddy for this !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OX .jpg 
Views:	919 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	13390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Belts.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	13391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X:Z Gantry.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	13392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y Gantry.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	13393  

Thread Information