. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you are ordering anyway then I would get 1610's if it's being used mostly as a wood router because you'll want the extra speed they offer. Don't worry about torque because if you use correct size steppers with a decent amount of volts you'll have more than enough torque. If your just cutting aluminium with it then 1605 will be fine with a 1:1 ratio as you won't cut much above 3mtr/min and you'll get around 5-6mtr/min rapid speeds which is more than enough for smaller machines.

Fred's spindles are fine, I have fit dozens and not had any troubles yet, they are pretty much all the same and in general, I have fit 100's over the years, and less than 6 have gone faulty on me.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If you are ordering anyway then I would get 1610's if it's being used mostly as a wood router because you'll want the extra speed they offer. Don't worry about torque because if you use correct size steppers with a decent amount of volts you'll have more than enough torque. If your just cutting aluminum with it then 1605 will be fine with a 1:1 ratio as you won't cut much above 3mtr/min and you'll get around 5-6mtr/min rapid speeds which is more than enough for smaller machines.

Fred's spindles are fine, I have fit dozens and not had any troubles yet, they are pretty much all the same and in general, I have fit 100's over the years, and less than 6 have gone faulty on me.
    Hey Jazz Thank you very much for that, Righty Oh I will add them to the order it won't be a bad thing because the originals I have don't have much room for a pulley. I'm sure they will get used for something else one day.

I will add the spindle too and then just hope that the customs people don't think it looks interesting enough to open :)

I'm still undecided to go with the oem or Hiwin Rails the difference is $325 dollars and because I want to do it right I'm leaning to the Hiwin.

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    I will add the spindle too and then just hope that the customs people don't think it looks interesting enough to open :)
    They won't probably open it but that doesn't mean anything really, they will always charge you VAT and duty based on the invoice amount.

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    I'm still undecided to go with the oem or Hiwin Rails the difference is $325 dollars and because I want to do it right I'm leaning to the Hiwin.
    Well in that case then I'd go with Hi-wins.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I have don't have much room for a pulley.
    Fred will machine what ever length you want for the pulley, tell him what length you want the F length to be.

That is where the pully fits.if you make it too long you can always cut it off.25-30mm is fine
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information