. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rob Welcome to the forum. Please don't buy anymore kit until you have your design finished its the biggest mistake people make. Ask as many questions as you can (a few at a time is better) and expect a bit of leg pulling but you will get all the advise you need on here.
    There are generally two ways to drive the x screws either with one motor and a belt going to the other screw or using two motors one for each screw, there are for's and against both system. But they both function ok.
    You will need more bracing of the frame that what you have. ..Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 25-09-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks guys for that, I have put the spindle so that it will go past the frame so that I can cut on the end of material for letting on the sides of work, Although I suppose I am stopping me from being able to cut sheet as long as I would otherwise be able too. I have thought about moving the rails back a little and then making a clamp so that I could lamp it to the internal 'Y' support beam.

I thought I might be under building on the supports. Because I am going through the centre vertical beam I will have to have a change to get the support in. would it be best to brace from corner to corner or is it as strong if I triangle off the corners

I seem to buy the stuff and then learn and I have after many years started to come out of that routine things always work out but always a more difficult path and more stuff for the spares box.

Hello I have been doing a spot of re-design for the bracing Hopefully I haven't gone the other way with it now. I was trying to use a little less steel to keep the cost down but I would certainly rather have a stronger machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steel CNC HGTM v2.jpg 
Views:	4568 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	13455  

Thread Information