Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
I'm not sure I follow what your saying pal... I understand removing the vertical from the centre and putting a cross base in as the sides. Are you saying not to use the 9 cross members on the top now? If so what would be the best way to mount the extrusion
Ok well seeing your other post about already ordering stuff and the fact I can't be arsed to explain then just crack on. . .Lol

The controller you want for servos is the IP-S because of it's much faster frequency that high count encoders require to get the best from servos.

BUT just for clarity then the latest IP-M Beta Firmware now does slaved motors, all be it in a cut down way to the IP-S. (I haven't tried it yet so can't vouch for how well but I will and report)
The way the IP-S handles slaved motors is different to typical way slaved motors are done with other controllers in that when it hits the switches it's got an option to measure the difference between each switch contact then applie an offset movement to one motor to square the gantry. That said with servo's you'd home using the encoder index which is much more accurate than switches but it works well for steppers without encoders.
Other controllers like the ESS require you to manually adjust the switches to square the gantry.!