. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So this is my Warco Knee Milling Machine. Just as a project I would love to convert this machine in to a CNC Milling Machine and hopefully make some money off that machine or just use it for projects. I have now had some experience in constructing the electronics after building my custom power supply for another custom CNC router. I know i should convert the leadscrews to ballscrews however money is tight so Im gonna expect some inaccuracy. Im pretty comfortable on how I will be attaching the steppers and driving the axis', however Im not too sure what size motor to go for. I know that the three main contenders would be the Nema 34 or 42 or just not going for a stepper at all and going for a servo. However, as I have already mentioned this is a project and not a Job therefore money is tight. I have found a good kit for the Nema 34 with DM860A drivers and 60v/350watts power supplies at a really good price. Im slightly concerned about the holding torque. I know that the handwheels on the mill atm are easy to turn by hand so I guess you don't really need much holding torque. Any suggestions on the size of stepper would be wonderful. I don't wanna make a mistake buying inadequate steppers.

Also any suggestions on good suppliers of timing belt pulleys in the uk or aboard (with cheap shipping) would also really help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-07.jpg 
Views:	6631 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	14204  

Thread Information