. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So after my giant router build the next thing on the list to think about is a way to chop the large blocks of eps up into usably pices which is normally just smaller blocks so a horizontal and vertical cut however it would allso be nice to have two and Possably four axis cnc posabilities in the future.

the blocks I cut range from 8'x4'x4' to 16'x4'x4' but normally 16x4x2 and weight about 70-80kg

the he machine is going to have to go in the shed were I store the blocks at the moment so restricted a bit by size

I'm not after super accuracy just a nice straight line that can be set up in minimal time and keeping costs as low as posable. I'm wondering if to start with rather than having it cnc I can just have it motorised and controlled by a simple switch or something to give a constant feed rate.

The first thing I have been trying to deside on is what liniar motion components to use. For this as nice as it would be to use Hiwin rails I'm hoping I can come up with a suitable and cheaper method with the 6meter long axis at least possibly something along the lines of the cnc router parts method of using barring and flat steal plate ( I will put a link to when I'm on a pc)

I have seen a few similar machines which has given me a few ideas some quite minimal and some a bit more substantial but yet to deside on how to do it myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	14299  

Thread Information