I am brand new to this and intend to build an aluminium framed CNC router - I am a woodworker and a designer but know quite little of electronics and CNC specifically.

The unit I intend to build will be a slightly larger versions of one made by a guy called Benne at instructables - namely this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...uter/?ALLSTEPS

My question, I note from his steps that he chose to make certain parts on another CNC router (small parts like mounts etc) and this seems very common on a lot of builds. Do you think it would be a smart move to buy a cheap small footprint router on ebay (the Chinese ones) for this purpose and then sell it again? I figure it wouldnt depreciate too much and I could at least learn how to use a CNC first. Or do you think it would be better to try and pay somebody to make them for me?

I did consider the Solsylva kits but I hated reading through the plans as there are no 3d models or proper drawings just bit by bit small drawings that are hard to conceptualise - plus I reckon the monite I'd built it I would only want to build another one. I also considered Joes Hybrid but I am not going to shell out $75 on more plans only to find out that they are incomplete or hard to follow.