. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi
    i have just bought one of the 6040 cnc machines se the picture below it has a 800w water cooled 4000rpm spindle.
    I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
    kendrick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2126 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	14704  

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick57 View Post
    I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
    kendrick
    Did it say you could in the instructions ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-02-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.
    Starting/stopping the spindle is often done using a output which controls a 5V Relay who's contacts connect to the VFD run Signal.
    Often the BOB will have Dedicated on board relay connected to output.

Reason for the Relay is that the VFD run signal will probably be 24V so can't be directly controlled using the 5v Output.

Have a look in here; http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/227-Ro...es-Controllers top two posts look promising.

picture of the guts; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-Axi...953030341.html

and this could be the vfd manual; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4P...kxJ/edit?pli=1
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 21-02-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

The second link gives me an idea as to what I should find when I finally take the to off the is that black box called a Bob.
    the third link looks promising the control panel is identical,have not read it all yet.
    kendrick

Your free to post where you like Rye, no member here on the forum has the authority to tell another member what they can, can't or should be doing, we have forum guidelines for that kind of advice.

When applicable, your posts may be moved to a new thread and updates sent out to those who it concerns.

It would be more beneficial to YOU, if you started your own thread asking the questions you have, as it will stand out better and to the others who can also help you.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Your free to post where you like Rye, no member here on the forum has the authority to tell another member what they can, can't or should be doing, we have forum guidelines for that kind of advice.
    So now your saying it's ok for Members to high jack other members threads.!! . . . . If it was anyone else but me who posted that you wouldnt have said that.!! . . .Your unbelievable at times Lee grow up.!!

I wasn't telling him he couldn't post I was saying it's not correct or done thing to take over and post a question about his own machine on another members thread and was best if he started his own Thread in which case he would get more help.!! . . . It's just plane good forum etiqutte.!!

Rye crack on mate and no offense taken or meant by Me.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 18-10-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Lives in Sheffield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2019 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 50. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Had no intention of hijacking the thread. So apologies for that - and to the OP. I'll take a few pics and start a new thread soon. Cheers guys.

Thread Information