Quote Originally Posted by Fatoftheland View Post
Thank you.
Thats a lot of info I have to look at and understand. When ordering ballscrews do I just measure the old ones or is a preferred way of mounting and fixing them
Cheers
Jon
Please don't take this wrong way jon but the fact you are asking these questions suggests you haven't done enough research and maybe you should take a step back before purchasing anything and checkout exactly what's involved with converting a manual mill to CNC.

Like I said further down in post #15 no one except those who have converted the exact same machine can answer your questions. Converting a manual mill all too often means you'll have to adapt and access your individual machine as there will be very few off the shelf parts which bolt straight on.
Often you'll need bespoke end mounts to allow for clearence or at best adaptions to off the shelf units. Often you'll need adaptions to the table or frame to make room for the ballnut which is often larger than lead screw nut or mounted completely differently to how Lead nut fits.!

I would start by being honest with your self and asking if your capable of converting.??. . If answer is Yes then take a good hard look at your machine to see whats involved. Take measurements of clearences etc and then look at whats available or can be adapted.

Personally i'd start by doing much more research and checking what others have had to do to convert there mills to CNC.