. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No. Not thinking of purchasing anything yet. Just thought I'd have a look at one of the steppers I have from the old photocopiers. Looks like I'll need to buy some then. Oh well. Thanks for the great information.

Steppers are one of the smallest expenses you are to deal with. Plus these steppers are possibly much more modern than the one in the photocopier. Plus the shaft may be is bigger and so on. Another thing worth noting is that most people drive them at 70V.

Here you will find them / the 3nm motors/ fairly priced.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thanks for the link. Are they a decent company/reasonably priced?

Yea, its only a 7mm shaft on the stepper I have. What voltage could my stepper be run at?

Quote Originally Posted by amd7000 View Post
    Thanks for the link. Are they a decent company/reasonably priced?

Yea, its only a 7mm shaft on the stepper I have. What voltage could my stepper be run at?
    I believe so.

I personally buy them from Zappautomation , cause at the time it happened that he responded faster my email. Plus he is active here at the forums. If i was in UK i would buy all from him. Now i buy a lot of stuff directly from China, due to the low euro/gbp and shipping costs involved of receiving materials here in Spain.

But if i learned one thing with the CNCs is that the main and most important thing you buy is the support, so many times saving a couple of $$ could result in weeks frustration and inability to produce during that time.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thanks. Shall check them out too.

Thanks jess. I wouldn't trust myself with chemicals, played around with them too much when I was younger!!

Think I'm just gunna make one for wood and ali now. I just wanted to see if steel work was viable at my price point, it wasn't essential. It would have been handy to make a few bits for work, but it's no big deal.
    Last edited by amd7000; 05-06-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information