Hey all, so the process of building my own cnc ignited the spark for all things related to making parts/fabrication etc.

I have an opportunity to purchase new equipment and was wondering if it is possible to self learn it? I'm mainly interested in being able to join metal tubes and make frames and such, nothing too fancy.

if it is possible, what do I need exactly? from what I understand so far is that there is TIG,MIG and Arc ( I heard MMA here on the forum but don't know anything about that) do they all use the same gear? if not which one should I go for ?

I see multiple shops here have the machine but they all look the same just different sizes and colors, from what I understand I will need the machine, the helmet/mask protection thing, welding rod, some form of gas maybe?

If it is too dangerous let me know and I will not pursue further :p am just doing it all as a hobby, already used a CNC router,angle grinder,jigsaw,mitresaw and have a safety mentality and will read up on safety before doing anything ( I work in a alu smelter so safety is big here but I'm not involved in operations just IT support )

thank you very much!