Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Speeds and feeds are not far off and good point to start. I'd play with DOC to see how your machine handles different depths. 3mm on 6mm tool is little agressive for this type of machine and high spindle feed. Might get better results with 2mm and slightly higher feeds, same out come in cutting time terms but with better finish because less tool chatter.

Much about Feeds And speeds is learning your machine and what likes or doesn't in terms of tools and materials.!

My prefered setup in regards tools and cutting stratergy is to use 3 flute serated edge ripping cutters then finish with 3 flute Spiral flute.! . . . . It's often thought that aluminium needs to be cut with single or Twin flutes cutters only but this isn't the case. 3 flute cutters actually cut better and leave better finish on aluminium and can run higher feeds. However must have very good chip clearing and use coolant.
Thank You once again JAZZ. Originally I was planning to do single pass - 6mm DOC, but decided to go "easier" for a first cut :) looks like I need to reconsider DOC when cutting metals... I will test my machine further.

It would be great to hear from others reg. DOC and feeds settings on such machinery :) (not only aluminium).