Is it at all possible to increase the capacity of the injection for the Rabit? The machine that I have (model 2/3) handles up to 2 grams of material which is not enough for my purposes. I didn't realize that the 2/3 only handled 2Grams as there is very little information on this machine online, and the original manufacturer appears to have moved on to new projects (and was bought out). Have to wonder if the 2/3 refers to the volume of the shot or the tonnage of the press. (Does the HY50 handle 50 grams or press to 50 tonnes?)

I have scanned the relatively complete manual that I got with the machine - which shows the mechanical operation of the machine along with schematics and designs for the molds - you can download it here...(6mb)

The beauty of this machine is the very short sprue (virtually non-existent in this design) and the fast cycle time (5 to 10 seconds) - it would be really nice if I could get the shot capacity up to 6 to 8 grams, but I suspect I am dreaming. If it is possible then the machine would be quite useful to my shop for reproducing small plastic parts in volume.

Nice other features of the machine are the various plastics it will handle right up to nylon.

Not much activity on injection molding here (hobbiest, and small shop), hope to see more!