Ok - so here goes.

I've made an attempt at building a 8' x 4' water table. Ballscrew x, y, z axis (z axis with 150mm travel was purchased complete off ebay) Currently awaiting delivery of a Hypertherm 45 with machine head. Photo's to follow - please note: constructive criticism greatly appreciated as i've got to learn. Have 3 x nema23 motors (Japanese - forgotten make but will update) all currently direct mounted but the whole thing bolts together. Don't know if these are up to the job. Water table has a drain to catch tank and a pump for refill. 3 phase electrics to the machine plus a neutral for the single phase stuff.

Forgive the brain splurge but its easier to think that way.

Now - i'm out of my depth. When it comes to the drivers plus breakout etc was thinking of trying to get a plug and play system with proximity switches plus emergency stop included. Think MarchantDice do something along these lines. Biggest concern is cooling. Temperatures can easily hit 50 degrees C in my workshop in summer and don't want them frying. Was planning on running Mach3 as seems to be pretty simple - I like simple!

Well there's a start made.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers