I keep seeing great things done on the CAM side of Fusion 360, especially compared to the limited capability of my Vectric Cut2D CAM programme but I have a problem /dilemma.

My main PC is in the house and runs win7 32 bit and I use it to create the CAD and CAM. I then create g-code and save it on a memory stick. Then when I'm next in the workshop (usually just an hour or 2 at the weekend) I plug this into the workshop PC (old machine running XP) and use Mach3 through the parallel port to cut out the parts. This workflow works fine.

But if I want to run Fusion 360 in the future, and gain access to all those powerful CAM features I need win7 64 bit.
Option 1 is to upgrade the main PC from 32 to 64 bit, but then the CAD software will not run (And I want to stick with it as it is very powerful). Plus I have some other CAD software which only likes 32 bit.

Option 2 is to upgrade the workshop CNC PC from 32 to 64 bit and do the CAM out there. However it is quite a waste of valuable and limited workshop time just to do the CAM, but more importantly the 64 bit CNC machine will not run Mach3 through the Parallel Port. PP only works on 32 bit as I understand it. I'd need an external motion controller for this option which is more money again.

Option 3 is to buy a cheap laptop running win7 64bit and have that in the house to transfer the CAD files onto to run Fusion and create the CAM, then save on a memory stick and take to the workshop. Bit of a fiddle and creates another yet PC to maintain.

Option 4 When I upgraded the home PC to win7 32 bit I installed it on a 128 Gb SSD (data files etc. are on another HDD). There is plenty of space left on this SSD (win7 64 bit needs 20Gb or so) and it seems like you can partition it to add win7 64bit on there, and then go for a dual boot. Presumably when you switch on you get the choice of 32 or 64 bit? As win7 is very quick to load this does not seem like too much of a compromise to do the CAD, export it out onto the HDD and then re-boot to do the CAM in Fusion 360. Will I be able to see this file on the HDD if I re-boot into another operating system? I assume so, can anyone confirm?

Option 4 is looking like a good option, any comments . . . . .?

Finally whilst I've been looking into all this I've read comments about Fusion not having a Mach3 Post Processor. Is that still the case? If so the above is all irrelevant and I'll carry on as I am.

If you are running Fusion what is your set up?