Good day folks, I just had this idea today for in case I ever plan to build a 2nd machine in the far future, I wouldn't settle for a non rigid bad design, I would love to see myself do either a standard VMC column design or a gantry similar to hermle machines. ( in the far future that is )

my question to you is, how feasible do you think it is to gather a large amount of the largest tubes I can find and roughly weld the frame out of them, make internal channels in them and seal unwanted cavities and such. the purpose of that is to fill it with material such as grout or cement or epoxy or whichever is best to give it density and resonance/vibration dampening. but also I would like to try to make a mold out of wood of the desired shape of the frame from outside and be able to fill that mold with the same material filling the tubes so that way the steel is is engulfed in the material, then maybe heat the whole thing or add steel sheets to all sides to protect it?

then maybe scrape the surfaces to make them flat or do the favorite technique of this forum which is epoxy? I really don't have any experience in all that just throwing out ideas and hope somewhat it might work for whenever I would attempt this.

please enlighten me with your wisdom :p