. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi All,

Just a quick 2 part series showing a little project to secure my network using a rack mount enclosure and some CNC. I did think about posting in the recent Windows 10 thread... ;-) ):

Part 1:

Part 2:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 775 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Looking forward to this one, the computers sections would have been the other place to post it.

.Me
    .Me

Thanks Lee

If you can, move it on over to the computer section if you want (I don't think I can do this myself?) - I've had a few requests to do a pfsense setup tutorial, which I'll start doing shortly (its quite easy for a simple setup via a wizard), but its very powerful once you start to dig into the menus.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,
    Nice one! I've given your videos a thumbs up.
    Did you consider some additional venting/ducting to actively place incoming cooler air where you most want it?
    Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 17-06-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hi Nick

Thanks for the likes and yes I did consider doing another vent pattern under the motherboard so the cooler air would get sucked up under that and vented out the top. However, I don't think I'll have to, as according to the management console its running at 26.8 deg C and hasn't budged yet. If it does get near the limit in the future then I'll CNC drill the holes.

I've found on a few other consumer rack chassis that getting shot of the noisy and probably cheap crap 40mm fans and putting a 120 or 140mm fan in does wonders for cooling in switches etc.

Hi all,

A bit of an update - my dual layer setup provoked a bit of comment, but I was asked so did a couple of setup videos:

Networking part:

and the actual setup part:

Back to guitars for the next vid or three.

Thread Information